DGA Ambassador Team Member Robbie Parrish Bio
- Division: Men’s Open
- PDGA#: 27658
- Rating: 955
- Playing Since: 2001
- Home Town: Anchorage, AK
- Home Town Course: Kincaid Park DGC
- Most Current Player Stats – PDGA
Favorites: Gear | Courses | Tournaments
- Favorite DGA Disc: ProLine Rogue
- Favorite DGA Apparel Item: Any DGA Polo
Top 5 Courses:
- Kincaid Park DGC in Anchorage, AK
- Cedar Hill- Beaver and Coyote Courses in Ft. Worth, TX
- NAD Park in Bremerton, WA
- WILCO Park DGC in Leander, TX
- Moose Pretzel in Homer, AK
Top 5 Tournaments:
- Alaska State Championships
- The Cedar Hill Open
- Waco Annual Charity Open
- Return of the Anhyzer
- The Oklahoma Open
Most Memorable Tournament win or moment in DG?
I was happy to have won the Return of the Anhyzer in Anchorage, Alaska in 2011. It was the first time in many years that I’d been able to play an event with my friends from home. I won by 6 strokes overall.
What is the strongest part of your Disc Golf game?
My ability to save par no matter what circumstances I find myself in, put together with a strong putting range, allows me to keep my game moving in the right direction.
What is your best tip for a disc golfer that has just started playing?
Practicing isn’t going out and throwing a round or two. It’s concentrating on your weak points and setting up shots to improve upon them. And above all, practice how you intend to play in a tournament. If you’re going to go for every 30-40 footer in practice then commit to it during your rounds. Don’t practice with confidence and then play conservatively during a round; you’ll only hinder your progression.