DGA ArmFarm Team – Hawk Corrick Bio
- Rating: 925
- Playing Since: 2002
- Home Town: Ellicott City, Maryland
- Home Town Course: Patapsco Valley State Park (McKeldin Area)
- Most Current Player Stats – PDGA
- Savage Ultimate Apparel Collections
Favorites: Gear | Courses | Tournaments
Favorite DGA Disc:
- Aftershock : I’m still using the first Aftershock I ever got my hands on. It is a do everything mid-range that is (for me) straight with a little fade at the end. I can also use it for controlled turnover throws which finish out flat.
Most Memorable Tournament Win or Moment in DG?:
- I won what was then called Grandmasters at the 2016 Ditto Death March by a double romp over the second place finisher. It was a 72 hole one day tourney playing each available combination of short and long tees and targets at Ditto Farms.
Top 5 Courses:
- Patapsco Valley State Park
- DSeneca Creek State Park
- Ditto Farms
- Whispering Falls
- Codorus State Park
What are you Favorite Disc Golf Tournaments:
- Whispering Falls Ice Bowl Llunch is cheese on top of chili on top of a hot dog on top of mashed potatoes in a bowl: it’s the height of disc golf cuisine)
- North vs. South (An annual tourney where it is essentially Maryland players vs. Pennsylvania players over all 54 holes at Codorus State Park. Since PA is always the home team it’s extremely satisfying for us Marylanders to go up there and beat them.
- Whispering Falls Harvest (The original 18 holes are spectacular and, see #1 above, the provided lunch is always the best food at any tourney in the DE/MD/PA/VA region).
- Seneca Creek Soiree (I keep going back even though I wake up in cold sweats thinking about my rounds here).
- Druid Hill Open (This is also the Maryland Senior Olympics for disc golf and just about all of my friends who are over 50 have a medal from this. I don’t.)
What about being a part of Team DGA excites you the most?
- Once I started throwing DGA (I bought an Undertow, Pipeline, Aftershock and Steady to use at a Seneca Creek Ice Bowl as an experiment) and having success with the molds it was cool that DGA noticed what I was doing and appreciated it.
What is the strongest part of your Disc Golf game?
- Endurance. I’m pretty fit, so I can outlast most of my opponents on the course. Give me a hot day on a long course and watch me plug along.
What is your best tip for a disc golfer that has just started playing?
- Just get a putter and play entire rounds with that. It will help you develop your throw and unless you are the 0.0001% natural prodigy you likely can’t throw a driver anywhere near its intended use yet. After you can get decent distance with the putter introduce a mid-range, and after that a fairway driver.
How do you prepare for a big event both mentally and physically?
- Working out four days a week in the gym takes care of the fitness part. Mentally I like to visualize each hole for courses I’ve played and think about what I want to throw and navigate the hole.