DGA ProLine Team Member Chris Brubeck Bio
- Division: Men’s Open
- PDGA#: 44978
- Rating: 977
- Playing Since: 2009
- Home Town: Eagle, CO
- Home Town Course: Eagle County Fairgrounds
- Most Current Player Stats – PDGA
Favorites: Gear | Courses | Tournaments
- Favorite DGA Disc: DGA SP Line Squall: So much fun to throw. It’s perfect for any line you can imagine. Squall is a great woods or tight line disc. It’s a disc that I picked up and immediately felt comfortable throwing.
- Favorite DGA Apparel Item: Retrospect Zip up Hoodie
- Maple Hill DGC. Leicester, MA
- The Lodge- Island course. Pawhuska, OK
- Aspen Mountain. Aspen, CO
- Leigh Farm Park. Durham, NC
- UNC DGC. Chapel Hill, NC
Top 5 Tournaments:
- Vibram Open
- Kiss the Sky
- Hero’s Huk
- High Plains Challenge
- 2012 Worlds in Charlotte
Most Memorable Tournament win or moment in DG?
- Placing 3rd at High Plains Challenge behind Paul Ulibari and Pat Blazek.
What is your best physical tip for a disc golfer that has just started playing?
Do your best to figure out what type of grip, form, style suits you. Don’t imitate other players’ style of play but take little bits from everyone and make it your own. Stick to it and make an effort to practice the same way every time you play.
What is your best mental tip for a disc golfer that has just started playing?
Play as smart and efficient as possible. Calculate the odds of each shot and go for the one with highest success rate. Either decide to commit and run your putt or lay up. Trying to give a putt “a chance” to go in will always end badly and add up strokes and penalties.
How do you prepare for a big event both mentally and physically?
Stretch if I remember first thing in the morning. Eat a good breakfast. Play a bunch of catch with a buddy with putter or ultimate disc. Putt for a while. Play at least 18 holes, throwing multiple shots on most throws. Relax. Then putt until we start. Ready to rock.